Heart and Harmony Music Therapy now offers Music Therapy Assisted Childbirth. MTACB is perfect for mothers who understand the important role that supportive music can play during labor. A board-certified music therapist works closely with the family during the second and third trimesters to carefully construct personalized playlists that correspond with each stage of labor. Music tracks are mindfully selected to support the physiological processes of labor and delivery. Families can choose Birth Music Therapy where the music therapist attends the birth and implements the music program, or Birth Music Consultation, in which a doula or birth partner are trained to implement the thoughtfully programmed playlists.
Birth Music Therapy is ideal for individuals who want guidance on how to most effectively utilize music in their labor and birth, but do not plan to have the music therapist attend the birth. This is great for those who have doulas or other birth support in place, as well as clients who live in rural or distant places.
Our Birth Music Therapy package consists of:
- 3 prenatal sessions and 1 postnatal session
- Live support from a board-certified music therapist during your labor and delivery
- Personalized playlists for use in early labor and post-partum bonding period
- Access to dozens of pre-programmed playlists for use in all stages of labor
- Recordings of three collaborative songs written together by family & MT-BC
- Considerations for use of music and access to playlists for baby’s new life outside the womb
For consult birth support, please see our Birth Music Consultation page.
Our therapists are trained in the Sound Birthing Method.